WELCOME TO MINFORD
It's back to work this week which means that I am doing a lot of shopping for clients and keeping my eyes peeled for amazing things for Minford readers along the way. And what do you know but good old M&S have done it again (after their total score with those amazing bed sheets). They seem to be on a bit of a roll at the moment.
I spotted this tin of alphabet cookie cutters. 'Nice packaging', I thought, 'these have to come home with me'. Needless to say there were three very excited faces when I pulled them out of my shopping bag let me tell you.
Buy them for yourself for fun baking moments but I'm also thinking what a fantastic present they would make. Who doesn't love a bit of biscuit making and as we are sadly heading to winter months particularly useful if you have bored children on a rainy day. Rain? England? Don't be ridiculous.
The Perfect Personalised Present for the miniFords
I bought these personalised book stickers for Benjamin and my godson recently and I’ve decided they need to be shared.
I love gifts for children with an oldie worldie charm (I am trying to resist the sparkled plastic stuff for as long as possible). These beautiful bookplates tick the box as something that parents and children will both like.
They do require a little forward planing if you’ve got a Christening deadline as shipping is from America but hi there thoughtful godparent.
Frankly I’m ordering them for myself and sticking them in all my books.
The above bookplate: Tiger Bookplate
So the Easter holidays are upon us, and naturally (prompted by a million window displays) my thoughts have turned to floppy ears and fluffy tails. Of all the bunnies, there’s one that I am reminded of this time of year that makes me particularly happy and nostalgic in equal parts. Richard Scarry’s Best Bunny Book Ever! was a tale my mother used to read to me when I was little. She had the nouse to stash them away and now I have the pleasure of reading them to my own children years later.
The old fashioned water colour illustrations are incredibly beautiful. There’s a timeless quality to them that parent and child appreciate alike. I absolutely LOVE them.
I buy them for the children to continue the tradition of collecting Scarry’s work but they also make brilliant presents for others. I have often brought three as a present for my Godchildren.
Here are my favourites:
Present Drawer Perfection
Yesterday, I did a very spoiling thing. I went to the V&A for no particular reason other than I had a spare hour and I fancied having a mooch around. When I say spare, I mean not so much spare but that I was putting off all the other stuff that I was supposed to be doing. The V&A also has a rather wonderful shop which was, let’s be honest, the reason for my visit.
My top purchase was this wonderous ‘book’ of English Chintz fabric wrapping papers. There are 12 sheets folded into quarters. I got it home and I’m not entirely sure I can bare to part with any of them. It’s an essential for any present drawer in my humble opinion.
P.S I was having a little scroll through the M&S website yesterday and found this Marie Chantal Hat and Glove set on sale for £10. We’re talking cashmere for a tenner! Sizes range from 3-6 months to 3-6 years. Bulk buy I say and hand out to friends at will.
I'm not saying Mother's Day, I'm just saying these are things I like right now
We’ve just made it through V-day and we’ve already got another cheesy holiday to get behind. Mother’s Day is coming. But for once, this one I am quite fond of. I’ve used it as an excuse to collect pretty things and contemplate purchasing them, or forwarding them to a certain someone. Any excuse.
2. Diptyque Baies Candle An oldie but a goodie. My favourite scented candle.
3. Agnes Martin by Frances Morris & Tiffany Bell I had this on my shoot in NY and it was heavenly. Definitely buying this. I love and inspiring art book.
4. Bridie Hall Alphabet Brush Pot I just need to have one of these *forwards to husband*
5. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette I’ve heard seriously amazing things about this. I mean like seriously amazing.
6. Emma Lacey Everyday Mug I’m very particular about my mugs and this has definitely got the thumbs up from me.
7. Topshop Stripe Puff Sleeve Shirt Tops of my summer wish list.
8. Coco Chocolate Bar I mean! For the packaging alone!
9. White Company Spa Restore Hand & Body Balm I had a good sniff of this geranium infused beauty last time I was in the store and it was gorgeous.
10. Mango Metallic Handle Tote Bag Definitely not a nappy bag but that’s the point. For those just a phone and a bank card moments.